Executive Director (ED) Position Summary
The ED is a professional and administrative position responsible for the management and oversight of the day-to-day operations of the Chamber of Commerce. The ED position is responsible for the planning, development, management and oversight of the daily operation of Chamber functions, programs and events, pursuant to the direction of the Board of Directors. The ED is expected to use discretion and take initiative in dealing with a wide range of problems without direction or supervision, exercising a great deal of autonomy. Engaging, involving and informing the Board, membership and local government to build and encourage relationships is an essential part of this position.
The following duties and related tasks are identified as essential to effectively perform the job:
- Day-to-day activities: general correspondence; answer phones/mail/eMail; retrieve/open/log mail; collect and maintain tracking of member dues; and post/respond to social media and Chamber website updates/requests.
- Maintain Quickbooks, financial records, deposits, receipts, contracts and Chamber business vendors payments/relationships.
- Identify, meet and recruit new businesses to grow the Chamber membership.
- Coordinate, engage and grow membership relationships via ribbon cuttings, mixers, Zoom meetings, Facebook lives, and fund raising events.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the Chamber and attend special events or community meetings. Nights and weekend work will be required.
- Provide administrative support to the Board, its officers and committees as directed.
- And other duties as may be assigned.
- Strong organizational abilities including strategic planning, event planning , program development and public speaking.
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Persuasive marketing and communication via written, electronic, website and social media platforms preferred.
- Proficient in networking, collaboration and motivation of Board Members, volunteers, donor groups and membership.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of basic computers including but not limited to Quickbooks, MS Office, Constant Contact and Chamber Master preferred.
Please Fill Out the Form Below to Apply
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.